Engine and EGT Harnesses
Herber Aircraft is a leading-edge manufacturer and repair station of engine and EGT harnesses. The company is FAA-approved to manufacture and overhaul the harnesses of most commercial aircraft engine manufacturers, including Pratt & Whitney (PW2000, PW4000, JT8, JT9, JT12), General Electric (CF680A, CF6-80C2, CF6-80E1, GE90, CF34), IAE (V2500), Rolls Royce (RB211-535), and CFMI (CFM56-3, -5A, -5B, -5C, -7B).
Engine and EGT Harness Engineering Excellence
Herber has raised the bar on the engineering of engine and EGT harnesses and leads. Engine harness features unique to Herber products include:
- Terminal ends that are crimped and welded to improve in-service life;
- Main wire loom double wrapped with 2,200-degree, high-temperature insulation;
- Fully adjustable clamping method to assure perfect fit onto the exhaust case, providing faster, easier installation;
- Higher quality harnesses leading to longer wing life compared to OEM products, typically twice as long. The result of these enhancements is increased reliability, quality, and value and we guarantee the fastest delivery in the industry;
- Our harnesses have approval design based upon test and computation methods per 14 CFR 21.303.
FAA/EASA/CAAC-Approved Electrical Engine Harness Repair Station
Herber Aircraft Service is an FAA/EASA/CAAC-approved repair station (GS3R538L/EASA.145.4526/CAAC F00100714). Our repair station personnel are trained, certified, and licensed. We have a full complement of licensed repairmen and Designated Manufacturing Inspections Representatives (DMIRs) on staff to ensure the work is done to the highest standards and all required documentation and certification is provided. Tools and gauges are maintained and calibrated in accordance with ISO100012-1 (superseded MIL-STD-45662A) requirements and provide traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Repairing, rather than replacing, an electrical engine harness, such as the CF34 harness, can provide large savings over the purchase of a new OEM harness. We also provide a rapid turnaround time on repairs, returning your engine harness to “like new” condition with a warranty on all repairs.
Repair is offered on the following types of electrical engine harnesses:
- Engine gas temperature (EGT) thermocouple systems
- Igniter systems
- Full authority digital engine control systems
- Power management control systems
- Vibration monitoring systems
- Engine speed monitoring systems
- Fire detection and extinguishing systems
Electrical engine harness repair services:
- Diagnostic testing
- Complete strip down and rebuild
- Partial strip down and rebuild
- Wire replacement
- Partial or full re-braid (stainless steel, nickel-plated copper ([EMI], Nomex, PEEK™, or other materials as required)
- Terminal end replacement
- Terminal box overhaul and harness re-assembly
- Connector and back-shell replacement
- Continuity and hi-pot testing
- Release to service with 8130-3 and C of C
- Standard turnaround time of two to three weeks after receipt