Repair and Overhaul
FAA/EASA-Approved Hose and Harness Repair Station
Herber Aircraft Service is an FAA/EASA-approved repair station (GS3R538L/EASA.145.4526) for hoses and wiring harnesses. Our repair station personnel are trained, certified, and licensed.
We have a full complement of licensed repairmen and Designated Manufacturing Inspections Representatives (DMIRs) on staff to ensure the work is done to the highest standards and all required documentation and certification is provided. Tools and gauges are maintained and calibrated in accordance with ISO100012-1 (superseded MIL-STD-45662A) requirements and provide traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
In addition to being a distributor of the best products for commercial, military, and General Aviation, Herber Aircraft is a leading-edge manufacturer of harnesses. The company is FAA-approved to manufacture and overhaul most commercial aircraft engine manufacturers' (Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, IAE, Rolls Royce and CFM) EGT harnesses and leads. Our harnesses have approval design based upon test and computation methods per 14 CFR 21.303.
Electrical Engine Harness Repair Service
Herber Aircraft is a leading-edge manufacturer of harnesses. The company is also FAA-approved to repair or overhaul most commercial aircraft engine manufacturers' (Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, IAE and CFM) EGT harnesses and leads. Our harnesses have approval design based upon test and computation methods per 14 CFR 21.303.
Repairing, rather than replacing, an electrical engine harness can provide large savings over the purchase of a new OEM harness. We also provide a repaid turnaround time on repairs, returning your aircraft harness to “like new” condition with a warranty on all repairs.
Repair is offered on the following types of electrical engine harnesses:
- Engine gas temperature (EGT) thermocouple systems
- Igniter systems
- Full authority digital engine control systems
- Power management control systems
- Vibration monitoring systems
- Engine speed monitoring systems
- Fire detection and extinguishing systems
Aircraft Harness Repair Services:
- Diagnostic testing
- Complete strip down and rebuild
- Partial strip down and rebuild
- Wire replacement
- Partial or full re-braid (stainless steel, nickel-plated copper ([EMI], Nomex, PEEK™, or other materials as required)
- Terminal end replacement
- Terminal box overhaul and harness re-assembly
- Connector and back-shell replacement
- Continuity and hi-pot testing
- Release to service with 8130-3 and C of C
- Standard turnaround time of two to three weeks after receipt
Hose Repair Service
Herber is FAA-approved to pressure test, repair, or overhaul any fluid conveyance hose assembly. This service is also provided for non-aerospace applications, including military and industrial usage.
Hose Repair Services:
- Pressure test and recertify with a 8130-3 repair certification for Stratoflex®, Titeflex® and Eaton Aeroquip brand hoses;
- Replace damaged hose and reuse or replace fittings for Eaton Aeroquip hoses;
- Complete overhaul of the hose assembly for Eaton Aeroquip hoses;
- Duplicate Stratoflex, Titeflex, and Eaton Aeroquip hoses that are unrepairable.